Kinecta Federal Credit Union - Kinecta Financial & Insurance Services, LLC - Kinecta Financial Management Company, LLC
We care about you…
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information, and we restrict access to your information by employees and authorized agents.
SCOPE OF OUR POLICY
INFORMATION OBTAINED FOR YOUR BENEFIT
We obtain information about you that we believe will be necessary or useful in processing or servicing your savings and loan accounts. Your information also enables us to provide products, services, and other opportunities that we think will be of interest to you. We obtain the following types of Member and Customer Information:
- Information you provide on applications or that you provide to us verbally or in writing, such as your name, address, Social Security number, and information about your assets and liabilities
- Information we receive about your transactions and experiences with the Credit Union, our affiliates, and other third parties, such as your original loan amount, the outstanding balance of your loan or account, your payment history, and the parties to the loan
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, such as your credit score or credit history
- Information we receive from other third parties, such as information available in the public records.
Who May Receive Your Information?
Information Sharing With Our Affiliated Companies
Information Sharing with Nonaffiliated Third Parties
To inform you of product and service opportunities that may be of interest to you, we might share the following types of Member and Customer Information that we obtain about you with nonaffiliated third parties:
- Information about your identity, such as your name and address
- Information about your transactions and experiences with us, such as your original savings or loan amounts, the outstanding balance of your savings and loans, your savings and loan numbers, your payment history, and the parties to the savings and loan accounts
- Information we receive from other third parties, such as information available in public records.
Companies who may receive this information may include:
- Financial service providers such as credit card issuers, insurance companies and agencies, securities broker-dealers, automobile loan lenders, and mortgage loan companies and brokers
- Nonfinancial companies including marketing companies, mailing houses, and printing companies.
Information Sharing with Companies that Perform Services on Our Behalf
We may share all of the types of Member and Customer Information we obtain about you, as described in this Policy, with companies that perform services on our behalf, to the extent permitted by law. For example, to maintain and service your accounts or to fulfill your transaction requests, we share information with nonfinancial companies that provide services to us, such as dataprocessing companies, printing companies, mailing companies, and marketing companies.
We may continue to do so even if you choose to exercise your Opt Out rights as described below. All of these companies are obligated to keep the information we provide to them confidential and to use the information only to provide the services we have asked them to perform for us.
Information Sharing in Other Situations
We may share all of the types of Member and Customer Information that we obtain about you in other legally permitted situations that are not subject to your right to Opt Out, including but not limited to:
- If we have your consent to a disclosure for a specific purpose
- To complete your transaction and maintain your account, such as recording of deeds of trust and mortgages in public records
- In response to a subpoena, a fraud investigation, or other legal process
- To credit bureaus or similar reporting agencies and with others who ask for credit references in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- To regulatory agencies and auditors
- To another financial institution or entity that purchases your loan or account, or if we sell or merge parts of our business
- To another company that we hire to collect on your account
- To affiliates, investors, servicers, rating agencies, mortgage insurers, due diligence firms, and others in connection with loan sales and securitizations
In addition, we may disclose Member and Customer Information about you to other nonaffiliated and affiliated third parties not described in this notice as permitted by law. We may continue to do so even if you choose to exercise your Opt Out rights as described below.
YOUR RIGHT TO “OPT OUT”
If you have a joint account with someone else or are a coborrower, either of you may Opt Out and it will be effective for both.
If you wish to exercise any of your Opt Out rights as described above, you may Opt Out in one of three ways:
- Fill out an Opt Out Request Form and send it back to us at Kinecta Federal Credit Union, Attn: Account Services (M/S 42), P.O. Box 10003, Manhattan Beach, CA 90267.
- Call us toll-free at 800.854.9846 or
- Log into Kinecta Direct Online Banking and complete the online opt-out form. Your Opt Out will remain in effect until you revoke it in writing.
OUR FORMER MEMBERS
MAINTENANCE OF ACCURATE INFORMATION
We strive to keep our records of Member and Customer Information about you accurate and up to date. When you notify us of an error, we will update or correct any erroneous information.
Online information Collection and Use
We take every precaution to ensure your information remains confidential. The information you provide to us on our Web site is encrypted and protected with an encryption method called Secure Socket Layer (SSL). While on a secure page, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked or open when you are just 'surfing'.
To send us secure e-mail, you should use our Direct Mail. Regular Internet e-mail is not secure.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the hard drive of your computer containing information about you. Cookies do not contain viruses and most cannot review any of your personally identifiable information unless you willingly provide it as a user on a site.
The cookie data may also be used by third parties to target advertising on other sites based on your online activity. To opt out of receiving targeted advertising based on cookie data, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends and administer the site. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Kinecta’s Web site may contain links to third parties' Web sites. These links are provided for convenience purposes only. If you choose to click to such third party Web sites, Kinecta makes no warranties, either expressed, implied or statutory, concerning the content of such Web sites. Kinecta does not warrant that such sites or content are free from any claims of copyright or other infringement or that such Web sites or content are devoid of viruses or other contamination. Kinecta disclaims all liability of any kind whatsoever arising out of your use of, or inability to use such third party Web sites, the use of your information by such third parties, and the security of information you provide to such third parties. Third party Web sites are not under the control of Kinecta. Links to non-Kinecta sites do not imply any endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, products, information or services offered at such sites, or any representation regarding the content at such sites. Descriptions of, or references to, products, services, or publications of third parties within the Kinecta Web site do not imply endorsement of any third party's product, service or publication.
Do Not Track Signals
Protecting Children's Privacy Online
From our Web sites, we do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13 years of age.
If you want to discontinue your access to Kinecta Direct Online Banking or make changes to your personal information, call our Member Contact Center at 800.854.9846, or visit your local Kinecta Member Service Center. Please note that in some cases a written confirmation may be required.
REVISION: May 20, 2018