Frequently Asked Questions
What is Kinecta Direct and how do I get started?
Kinecta Direct is our Online Banking service. You can manage your accounts 24/7. Click the Enroll in Online Banking link, immediately below the Log In box on our kinecta.org homepage and follow the instructions provided.
For security purposes, your User ID must be 8-26 characters (both alpha and numeric) in length and the password must be 8-26 characters in length and require a combination of 3 of the 4 following items:
- Upper Case
- Lower Case
- Symbols [‘! # $ % ^ & ( ) _ + - = \ |; ?,/]
* To maintain the security of your Kinecta account, please do not set your browser to pre-fill your User ID or Password.
Why can't I use a simple password?
Federal regulations and Kinecta security standards are in place to provide protection for your account from cyber hackers. Using a strong password with a variety of characters ensures that your password is not easy to guess and provides protection against criminal password generators. Other factors to consider when setting your password are as follows:
- Do not use common information that pertains to you, such as birth date, kids’ names, etc.
- Special characters such as !, &, and $, help strengthen your password.
- Never use a Social Security Number or any State Identification Number as your user name or password.
I enrolled my account in Online Banking, but I don't remember my password. How do I get a new one?
Please click on the Forgot Password link located below the Log In box and follow the instructions provided. Or, you can call our Member Contact Center at 1-800-854-9846. Representatives are available to help you Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PT.
I can't remember my User ID for Online Banking. How do I get it so I can log in?
Please click on the Forgot ID link located below the Log In box and follow the instructions provided. Or, you can call our Member Contact Center at 1-800-854-9846. Representatives are available to help you Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PT.
When I log in, why do they ask for my phone number?
Kinecta uses a sophisticated dual-authentication process to confirm your identity and help protect your account (and data) from hackers. You may choose to receive either a phone call or a text message through the phone number you have on file. Once you receive your personal identification code, simply enter it into the space provided in Kinecta's Online Banking platform. Then, you will be asked to select your Security Questions. These will be used in the future should you forget your Password.
How do I change my contact information in Online Banking?
To change your contact information , please click on the Account Options tab and expand the drop-down menu. Select Change Address/Phone to update your contact information, then click Save.
Mortgage Information in Online Banking
How do I sign up for paperless mortgage statements?
To go paperless, first click on your mortgage details. You may then click on “Mortgage Statements” and “Go Paperless”. Check the box to agree to the disclosure and receive your statements electronically. This same option will allow you to revert back to paper statements, if you so choose.
“Notify Me” will allow you to choose to receive an email alert when your mortgage statement is available.
How can I see more detailed information about my mortgage? (recent activity, payments, ect.)
To see more detailed information, click on “details” next to your mortgage account number. You will then be taken to our Mortgage Center, where you will be able to navigate through the following options:
- Amortization Table
- Mortgage Statements
- Automatic Payments
- Contact Us
Member Number Versus 14-Digit Account Number
What is the difference between the member number and the 14-digit account number?
A. Member Number: This is a number that is given to all members who establish a membership with Kinecta Federal Credit Union. Under the Member Number, you can open other products such as additional savings accounts, checking accounts, share certificates, IRAs, loans, etc.
B. 14-digit account number (also known as the MICR Number): This is a set of numbers which identifies a specific account type to debit or credit (e.g. S01 savings, S05 checking, S16 money market savings, etc). For Direct Deposit and/or automatic payments, please provide to the merchant, the 14-digit account number for the specific account you are setting up and ensure all numbers are used.
The 14-digit account number information is available online. To find the information, please follow these steps:
- Log into Kinecta Direct
- Select the specific account you would like to obtain the information
- On the right-hand side of the page, click on the “Account Details” link
- Your 14-digit account number is listed next to the “MICR Number”
If needed, the routing number for Kinecta is 322278073 and is located directly under the MICR Number information.
Share Branch/Co-op ATM Locations
I no longer live near a Kinecta Federal Credit Union location. How do I access my accounts?
You can perform many of your financial transactions and obtain services at branch locations or other credit unions belonging to the network. By using the CU Service Centers® Network, your membership and accounts remain at Kinecta, but you can access your accounts and conduct business with us (Kinecta) through any of the convenient CU Services Centers® locations. Through a network of participating credit unions, access to your Kinecta account and credit union services is made easier.
To access this information, from our home page:
- Click on the “Locations” link (at the top of the page)
- Mark the appropriate boxes
- Enter your location or zip code
- Click “Find”
A list of the closest locations will appear. Click on the Credit Union name or the link "Map & Directions" for additional information regarding the specific location.
Cross Account Transfers
Cross Account Transfers enable you to transfer funds from your account to another Kinecta Federal Credit Union member.
To set up a Cross Account, please follow these steps:
- In Kinecta Direct, click on the “Transfers” tab
- Select “Cross Account Setup” (from the navigation area)
- Enter the other member’s account number & the first 3 letters of their last name (or their full last name)
- Click “Validate”
- Select the Transfer Account Type (Share or Loan)
- Enter the Account ID (e.g. 01, 02, 03, etc.—do not include the “S” or “L”)
Once the Cross Account has been validated, the account will show up in your “Transfer To” drop-down menu. For security purposes, you can only transfer to another member.
*Trust Accounts do not have a standard Last Name; therefore, you may need to call our Member Contact Center to determine how the name appears in our system. If you are having trouble setting up a Cross Account to another member’s account, please have the other member call our Member Contact Center at 1-800-854-9846. Representatives are available for assistance from Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PST.; or send a secured message to us by logging into Kinecta Direct, selecting the “Member Support” tab and clicking “Compose New” (top right-hand side of the page).
ACH External Transfers
ACH External Transfers enable you to transfer funds between your Kinecta Federal Credit Union accounts and accounts you have at other financial institutions.
To setup transfers to/from an external financial institution, please follow these steps:
- In Kinecta Direct, click on the “Transfers” tab
- Select “Manage External Accounts” (from the navigation area)
- Under the heading, Add a New External Account; click the link “Add an account at another financial institution that is not listed above”
- Answer the security questions
- Follow the instructions provided
In approximately 2-5 business days, two small amounts (2 credits and 2 debits under $1.00) will be made to your external account. To complete the setup of your external account, return to the “Manage External Accounts” page and verify the amount of the deposits (credits). If the amounts are entered correctly, the link will be shown as “Active” and you may begin transferring funds to/from the external account.
What types of eDocuments can I download online?
The current eDocuments we offer are:
- Account Statements
- Credit Card Statements
- Billing Statements
- All consumer loans (excluding credit cards, and first mortgages)
- Tax Documents
- 1099 - IRA Withdrawals
- 5498 - IRA Contributions
- 1099INT - Interest Income
- 1042S - Foreign Person's US Source Income Subject to Withholding
- 1098 - Mortgage Interest Statement *Please Note: This is only available via the mortgage center, by clicking "Details" for your mortgage.*
How long will each document be available online?
- Account statements will be available for two full calendar years.
- Billing statements will be available for three months.
- Notices will be available for a rolling three months.
- Tax documents will be available for the two most recent tax years.
- Credit Card Statements will be available for 18 months
You may request previous account statements and previous tax documents by contacting Member Support via a secure message thru Online Banking, calling the Member Contact Center at 1-800-854-9846 or visiting your local Kinecta Federal Credit Union member service center.
What are the requirements to receive paperless statements?
To enroll into eDocuments, an email address is required. To add an email address to your account, please follow these steps:
- Login to Kinecta Direct Online Banking
- Click on the “Account Options” tab
- Click on the link “Change Email”
- Enter the email address
- Click “Update”
How do I enroll into eDocuments for Share, Credit Card, and Consumer Loan Accounts?
Please follow these steps:
- Log into Kinecta Direct Online Banking
- Click on the “eDocument” tab
- In the navigation area, click on the link “Preferences”
- Select your document preference
- Click “Submit Preference”
- Click “I Agree” to the E-Documents e-Sign Disclosure
You are now enrolled into eDocuments.
How do I view eDocuments from prior months?
To view your eDocuments from previous months:
- Click on the “eDocuments” tab
- Select the desired document type and year from the drop down menus
- Click “View PDF” for the month you would like to view and print
A window will appear with your statement information. Click on the printer icon to print your statement.
* In order to view your statements online, the browser’s pop-up blockers must be turned off.
How do I enroll into eDocuments for First Mortgage Accounts?
Please follow these steps:
Log into Kinecta Direct Online Banking
- From the Account Dashboard page, select “Details” in the Mortgage line
- On the left-hand side, place your cursor over the “Mortgage Statement” link
- Select “Paperless”
Am I able to change my document preferences back to paper documents?
At a later time, if you choose to revert back to paper documents, you can do so using the same instructions. A $2 fee may apply for paper Account Statements.
Can I make an online transfer payment to my First Mortgage, Second Mortgage (Heloc), Consumer Loan or Credit Card account?
Yes you can. See below for additional information:
Online payments to your Kinecta First Mortgage account will be processed on the same day; however, if the payment is made before 1:00 p.m. (PST), the payment will display in Online Banking in 1 business day. If the payment is made after 1:01 p.m. (PST), the payment will display in Online Banking in 2 business days. There is a 15-day grace period before a late fee is assessed.
If you would like to speak to a representative regarding your Mortgage Loan account (including pay off information), please call the Loan Servicing Department at (877) 896-8525. Representatives are available for assistance Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST).
* If a partial payment is made, it will be held in a holding account until a full payment is received.
Second Mortgage (HELOC)
Online payments to your Second Mortgage will be applied to the account immediately or on the selected date of the transfer.
Payments received and/or posted by Kinecta within one day of a statement date and not reflected on that statement will appear on your next statement.
If you would like to speak to a representative regarding your Second Mortgage account, please call our Member Contact Center at 1-800-854-9846. Representatives are available for assistance Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (PST).
*To pay off the Second Mortgage (Heloc) account, please fax the payoff demand to (310) 727-8225.
Online payments to your Consumer Loan (e.g. auto loan, other secured vehicles, unsecured, etc.) will be applied to the account immediately or on the selected date of the transfer.
If you would like to speak to a representative regarding your Consumer Loan account, please call our Member Contact Center at 1-800-854-9846. Representatives are available for assistance Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (PST).
Online payments made before 12 noon (PST), the payment will display on the credit card account in the following business days. If the payment is made after 12:01 p.m. (PST), the payment will display on the credit card account in 2 business days. There is no grace period on a Credit Card account.
For questions regarding your credit card account, please call (877) 881-6023. Representatives are available 24/7.
I would like to search for a specific transaction on my account. What do I need to do?
Transaction history is accessible from the Account Dashboard page. To access this information, please follow these steps:
- From your Account Dashboard, select the specific account
- At "Show", select one of the options (default is set at 60 days);
- At "Show Only", select an option from the drop-down (default is set at "Any type of transaction");
- Select either to show "All" or "Other" (selecting "Other" will allow you to enter a date range);
- If you would like to isolate the transactions to/from a specific merchant/payee, you can enter the information in the "Description" field;
- Click "Search".
I need a copy of my Kinecta Credit Card Agreement. How can I obtain a copy?
To obtain a copy of your Kinecta Credit Card Agreement, please follow the steps below:
- Log on to Kinecta Online Banking
- Click on "Credit Card Center" on the Account Dashboard
- Once in the Messages page, click on “Compose New” to submit your request
- Under “Category” of the Message Detail page, select “Credit Card Agreement”
- In the Subject line enter “Credit Card Agreement XXXX (last 4 digits of credit card)”
- Place any important details regarding your credit card agreement request in the Message field.
- Press “Send” and your request will be processed within 5 to 7 business days.
For immediate assistance with this type of request
- Call our Kinecta Member Call Center at 1-800-854-9846. Representatives are available Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. (PST).
- Visit one of our Kinecta locations
I need a copy of a check that cleared my account. How can I view the check?
To view and/or print cleared checks, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the "Account Dashboard" tab; - Select the checking account to view;
- At "Show", select "All";
- At "Show Only", select "Checks" (To show all the checks that have cleared this against the selected checking account);
- At "Check Number", enter the specific check numbers you would like to view and/or print; or leave blank for a list of all check numbers;
- Click "Search";
- Double click on the check Icon to view the image;
- To print the check image, click on the printer icon. Please keep in mind; in order to view check copies online, the pop-up blockers must be turned off. Please visit your browser settings to ensure the pop-up blockers are not enabled.
* Check copy images are available online for approximately 1 year. To request check copies outside of this range, please call our Member Contact Center at 1-800-854-9846. Representatives are available for assistance Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (PST). (Fees may be assessed for this service.)
** Checks converted to an electronic payment are not available. If you require proof of payment, you can print a copy of your statement (available online for free) or you can print a copy of your transaction history screen.
For more information regarding Bill Pay and FAQs, please click here.